Google+

Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World - The 3rd - 9th Hour

Ummm.... What had happened was... I was watching, waiting and listening for any signs of doom.  I diligently checked my processes.  I did test runs of my emergency procedures.  I worked on everything I had been preparing for to make sure nothing went wrong when the time came.

Then I fell asleep.

But that single act gave me some perspective on the whole ordeal.  Because some way or some how my 4yo  found a way into the safe house!  How do little kids do this???  She came in asking me for some food.  I spent all of this time and money to make an impenetrable fortress (at least that's what it said on the kit) to survive the end of of the world and I was duped by a 4yo.  Either I did a very poor job or 4yos are above planning and ignore processes and procedures completely! I'm thinking the latter.

Whatever it is I need to fix it soon.  Because, as my old high school principal used to say, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.  And my 4yo has exposed a weak link somewhere.  And this issue is like a levee.  First there's a trickle then there is a deluge! First the 4yo (trickle) got in then the 7yo (deluge).

I'm going to work on this issue.  Just like in the first Eden, there are no children in Eden 2.  I will keep you posted.  But first, apparently, I have to fix some kids some breakfast. Smarshmellows (that's not a typo) and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment