Google+

Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What To Do???

As most of you know I have been working my tail off!  I work 2 full-time jobs.  I basically work 7 days and 87+ hours a week.  If I was trying to break a record then I would say those were some pretty impressive numbers.  But I'm not going for a record.  So those number SUCK!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I have another "record" that is about to end soon.  As of tomorrow I will have gone 100 (see that number is popping up again) straight days without a day off.  It's just the nature of 2 full-time jobs.  When one job has a day off the other doesn't...and vice versa.  When that happens I'm happy because I can at least say I'm not working 2 jobs that day.  But the days off have never fallen on the same day... until now.

Memorial Day (here in the US) is next Monday.  It commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in military service.  It is a very noble holiday and I don't want to take anything away from the MAJOR importance and significance the Holiday was create for.  But I now have a minor dilemma...

I'm trying to figure out something to do on my day off!  I know I can do the family thing. (whatever) :-) I could go play golf. (Now we're talking!   And before you judge... I will play golf at the VA (VETERANS Administration) Golf Course.  So that makes it OK for Memorial Day.)  I could have a cook out. (Really, it's more of a cook IN. We don't have a grill... unless you count the Foreman.)  There are just so many things I could do.  But I haven't had a day off in a while so I'm kinda at a loss on what to do.

I could go for loftier goals like solving the world food shortage problem.  I could work on Middle East Peace.     I could go skydiving.  I could go Rocky Mountain climbing.  I could go 2.8 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu. (Look.  Tim McGraw went 2.7 seconds.  So I at least gotta beat him!)  The field is completely open.  (I am glad, however, that I looked at my things to remember from LAST Memorial Day as I'm sure I would have forgotten to remember them in remembrance of Memorial Day... remember?)  So let me ask this...

If you were me, what would you do on your day off?  And if you don't want to give me some great ideas because you already know I'm going to go play golf anyway *ahem* then just tell me what YOUR plans are for Memorial Day.  (For my readers in other countries, just pick whatever random holiday you want that will give you a day off.  I'm completely fine with that.  I'm not grading and this doesn't count toward your final standings.  Consider this extra credit.)

9 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you can do Toma!! I sent you (and Leslie) a link to today's Groupon for Nashville. A horseback riding lesson at Crossroads Ranch in Nolensville!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't go that long without a day off. But if I did when it came you'd better believe it'd be "me" time all the way. Do whatever makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep. That's what I would do if I ever had a day off. As a stay-at-home mom, we never have a day off. OR we have EVERY day off, depending on who you are talking with (*cough*Mr. MOTH*cough*).

    Most importantly, just enjoy it. But you will. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shawna's mom - Thanks! Horseback Riding. I'm trying to figure out if you are being real or if you are playing on my documented fear of horses. Either way, it's still useful information. :)

    @Mustang Sally - That's good sound advice. I'm going to tell my wife that right now. I'm doing whatever makes me happy. :) I feel much better now.

    @The Mommy - Sleep sounds awesome! And as far as the "Stay At Home' anything... Have Mr. MOTH come talk to me. I would rather work 87+ hours a week than to have THAT job. It takes a special kind of person for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd get a massage and go have ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreeing with both Mustang Sally and The Mommy! That is such a long time to go without a day off. Yes, do what YOU would most like to do. As a wife, that's what I'd want for my hubby - who has actually been OFF for about six weeks thanks to a knee injury. We are both ready for him to back to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would sleep... no... get a pedicure... no... run away? no... shoot I just dont know...
    that is a delima for sure...
    i guess if I liked Golf... i would do that but in these 99 /100 degree temps that does not sound fun at all... even if i do live inthe so called golf capitol ... GAH...
    i feel your pain.
    stupid google wont sign me in though it has like 10 times so if this comes up anyon... its me Laura Peach :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Que. 100 days? That's awful. I was hoping you were building up to telling us that you'd paid off some major bill, and you were quitting a job. I guess that's your next post. You cracked me up with the country song. :-)

    I would recommend (sp?) Memorial Day activities for you, but I'm too late, and it's too late, and my brain is tired. Although, I agree with whoever said it up there that golf in the HOT does not sound fun at all to me.

    Do I sound like a grouch with this comment? I feel like I sound like a grouch. I think I need to go to bed. Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Day off! Sounds very appealling, huh luckily I got some months from now. Well, I think outdoor activities would be great or a barbecue party. Love anything to do with food. Chow galore. :-) buyaionaccounts

    ReplyDelete