Google+

Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Perfect for ME

It is well documented that I love my wife.  She is my strength.   She is my rock.  She is my love.  She is my life.  She completes me. (OK. That last one is a Jerry Maguire reference but it fits!)  She does so much and expects so little.  I'm amazed everyday that our children are around her all of the time and don't even realize that they have a savior this side of divinity and don't even know it.  So on this Mother's Day I would like to speak for our children.  (I mean, they could speak for themselves but they really wouldn't know what to say.)

To mom: I love you.

To mom: Thank you for being you.

To mom: My life would have no meaning without you.

To mom: I appreciate you. I really appreciate you.  Without you there is no me.  You are the reason I am who and where I am today.

To mom: I love who you are and I hope you don't ever change.

To mom: I may not express myself enough (or at all), but you make me a better version myself.

To mom: I may not fully understand this but I know that you put YOU before ME.  You sacrifice(d) your dreams, goals, hopes and aspirations so that I may have mine.  You do (did) this without regard for yourself and without the expectation of payback or even acknowledgement.

To mom:  I am everything I am because of you.

To mom:  I want you to understand that one day we are going to butt heads because I haven't quite figured out yet that you know what you are talking about and that I should listen to what you have to say.  Until I do, I thank you for having the wisdom and understanding that I am years away from realizing.  It's refreshing to know that at least one of us has an idea about the ways things should be.

To mom:  And last but not least... Thank you for loving dad.  Without you, he would be lost.  He wouldn't know where to go or when to be there.  He wouldn't have a clue how to deal with everyday things that you do in your sleep.  He would almost cease to exist.  He would fold like a pair of deuces.  He would spend everyday wondering why GOD would allow him to live without purpose or direction.  He would stop living and start going through the motions of life.  He would become a shadow of his true potential and would never strive to be who he was meant to be.

Happy Mother's Day to "The Wife" and "The Mom".  You will never understand your worth to us.  There's not enough of anything in the world to replace someone who is the corner piece of everything.

I love you. And so do they.

5 comments:

  1. awwww que... so sweet.... now go cook that woman something AWESOME and have a great mothers day with all your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband that just so happens to be an amazing dad as well. I cannot tell you how much I love you. Without your support, love and understanding I would be lost. You complete me as well. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need tissues. Where are my tissues? This was so perfectly wonderful. Happy Mother's Day dear Que's wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely,...I am going to make my husband get a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. Que! I'm so glad you liked this post! :-)

    And Maggie S., you made me laugh! :-D

    ReplyDelete