Google+

Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It Must Be Stopped At All Costs

I have less time than I thought.  I made it through 12 years with the first one.  I kinda made it through 5 years with the second one.  But it has already started with my youngest.  My 2YO has a boyfri........
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry for the silence.  I passed out for a minute.  But I'm back.  Now where was I? Oh, yeah! This passing out just recently started.  I have never passed out before in my life until I found out about my 2YO's boyfri.........
.
.
.
.
.
I'm back.  Now where was I? Oh, yeah!  This is serious!  I focused all of my attention to my oldest and I now realized it was a COMPLETELY misplaced effort.  The little 2YO flew in under the radar.  (She's really small so odds are she really just walked in under the radar.)  And what makes it worse is that she even knows the little boy's name.  I'm refuse to write his name because I've just now started acknowledging his existence.

Then, to add insult to injury... My wife thinks this is funny!  I don't see the humor in this AT ALL.  She thinks it's all cute and stuff.  It's about as cute as this dog...

Yeah, really.  That cute.
I look at it like this.  It's like spending your time and effort taking care of your beautiful flower garden.  You spend hours and hours making sure it has the right amount of water.  You make sure the soil has the right PHes and such.  (Shows how much I know about a flower garden.)  You spare no expense in getting the right mulch and stones to accent the wonderfully planned EDENesque scene.  Then, while you were pruning the flowers to perfection... a weed pops up right smack in the middle of the garden!

There it is... a freakin' dandelion! Yeah, they're cute to look at but they create two problems in this scenario.  The first one is that we all know what happens to dandelions.  They look pretty for a while then they turn into little ugly puffballs of evilness.  Then the wind blows and they spread their praises to the dark one throughout the land.  (They also spend more of their life as a stupid puffball than a pretty flower.  So you can take that analogy as far as you want to.)

The other reason they create a problem is that in the grand scheme things.... I don't care how cute the weed may be, it's still a weed and shouldn't be in my flower garden!  It makes me change my objective.  I go from a positive agenda of nurturing and loving to negative one of search and destroy.  And I'm a nice guy.  I don't like living in the negative.  Dandelions do that to me!
 
I also don't care that my flower garden... I mean, daughter is only 2YO.  It starts somewhere.  And it's like a disease.  It will continue to spread unless you do something about it.  No matter what people think (Joan and Mindy) this IS preventable and, more importantly, stoppable.  My little cutie gets anything she wants.  But this is where I draw the line.  I don't care if she does give me the Princess Pouty Face.

My Pouty Princess in training. 
I am immune to Princess Poutiness under certain circumstances.  I have to keep my emotions repressed. I will not let it sway my decision on what I KNOW is right!  And if I try hard enough, I might even be able to repress the whole notion that my 2YO has a boyfr........
.
.
.
.
.
Now where was I? Oh, yeah!

7 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!! That Princess Pouty face is the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been fighting that battle since mine were 3.

    I wish I could see your yard.

    That dog is as ugly as he**.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SandyAnnDee - Yeah. She's been perfecting the "trying to make daddy melt" look. It's working... except under the previously mentioned circumstance.

    @Maggie S. - LOL! I saw one of those "Ugly Dog" competitions and it is crazy. I don't know what I would do if I actually owned a dog that was that scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy's secret for the Princess Pouty Face, "Never look directly at the cuteness."

    Recently, Liberty has been telling us of boys in her Sunday School class that are her friends, but she always carefully clarifies, "Girls do not really like boys, and they are not really friends with them, but these two boys are sometimes kind of my friends, but I like all the girls so much better because girls really only like girls."

    We nod firmly in an effort to re-enforce her great conclusions.

    Tonight, Jeremy was playing LOTR Risk with the father of a little boy in Liberty's class, and Liberty (our little Shirley Temple diplomat) was trying to tell the dad that he had a nice son. In complimenting the boy, she accidentally gave Jeremy the impression that she might actually consider the boy a close friend, and he reacted adversly.

    I think he may have offended our friend, the boy's father...

    ReplyDelete
  5. shes adorable! i have a pic on facebook of my daughter and her 1st boyfriend kissing... they were not quite 2... now they dont ever speak so you have some hope :) they did stay buddies till middle school they played on the same ball teams ect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Missy - I try to not look at the cuteness but it keeps drawing me back in. I will have to work on that. And Jeremy did the right thing with the other kid. That kid's father just needs to get over it.

    @gem - I'm not sure if that's about the "pouty pic" or about strength and resolve with the very serious problem. It's probably about the pouty pic. :)

    @Laura~peach~ - Thank you! I'm glad you said that about the middle school thing. This phase will pass. There is hope!

    ReplyDelete