Google+

Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week Two Down... 50 more to go!

Man, you miss writing in your blog for one week and the world gets angry.  I have received death threats. (No I haven't.)  People have threatened to hold my dogs hostage until I make another post. (I completely made that one up, too.)  My family and friends don't want to talk to me anymore.  (Ok, that part may be true.  But it has nothing to do with my blog.  It has something to do with shaming my friends and the family name at a past New Year's Eve Party.  (Who knew polka music was out of style and the accordion never was in?  I most certainly didn't!)) With all of that in mind, I decided it was time to come out of hiding and write a small something for you guys out there who are reading this... my true fan. (This is a shout out to all ONE of you.)

I wish I had something good to write.  It has been a long week.  It's the 1st week in which I have worked both of my full-time jobs.  Again, in one of my previous blogs, I said I was not going to complain. (I lied.  I probably will.  Just not right now.)  I am a little tired, though, but that's to be expected.  I get to bed close to Midnight (after Midnight when training is over) and I get up at 5:00 AM.  It's a vicious cycle, but necessary.  I should be tireder that I am.  I'm sure that will catch up with me.  I don't require much sleep so I'm fine at the moment.  Besides, I get an extra 15 minutes of sleep on the way in to my first job every morning. (I can't confirm that I sleep on the way in.  I can just say I don't EVER remember the drive.)

I will take a moment to say one thing that I thought I was going to miss out on but it turns out I was wrong.  I thought I was going to miss out on all of the happiness I used to get when I got home from work.  That turns out to not be the case.  Every time I walk into the room (from upstairs working), my two youngest girls yell out "DADDY!!!"  The baby one even stops what she is doing and comes running to give me hug to go with the wonderful screaming.  That's something money can't buy and something that can't be explained to someone who has never experienced it.  It gives me the strength to go back upstairs and continue working.  I'm doing it for all four of the wonderful girls in my life.  (On the other note to this... When I get back upstairs and I hear all of the OTHER screaming and yelling going on downstairs a whole different emotion goes over me.  It ALSO gives me the strength to stay upstairs and keep working.)

I HAVE noticed, too, that I don't notice as much.  I'm sure that will change as I get into a groove.  But I don't see the funny in ordinary stuff as much.  Not that I'm sad, by any means.  But I'm thinking about work a lot (both jobs) right now.  So, my mind is more occupied with work stuff than play stuff.  And that's not normally me.  I have ALWAYS been good at separating work and home.  But now I'm in this weird middle ground between the two.  I'm not sure what I want to call this 2-ingredient jambalaya of metaphysical existences that mixes all of the joys and pains of home with the all of the joys and pains of work.  Using a little creative liberty, I think I will call it a state of "homework".  (I might have to Trademark or patent that name or something.  Now that I'm using it, it will spread like wildfire. (Oooo... I like that phrase too!))  But in any event, this "homework" thing is going to take some time to sort out and become second nature.  And when it does, I can go back to writing once or twice a week instead of once or twice a month.

So if you see me walking around in a daze I assure you I'm not thinking about parties of New Year's Eve past.  (I'm over that!  And you should be too.  Everyone knows Polka is King!)  I'm just in the middle of thinking over my homework and how to get an A+ in both.


While I'm studying, I will leave you with this.  
And if you STILL don't like polka after listening to this whole song
then something is wrong with YOU!


For the life of me I can't figure out why my wife can't appreciate this guy.



15 comments:

  1. gla dto hear you are alive and well...it will all come out in the wash ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear from you! I honestly don't know how you're doing it, but I think your approach is very honest.

    Thanks for delivering the laughs even as you're burning the proverbial candle at both ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. You are a role model to us all! When I win the lottery you can give up the second job (and come and work for me full time!).

    PS I didn't watch the video - it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the 2nd job goes well for you. I did 80+ hrs/wk once quite a few years back ... it gets old fast, and yeah, it will catch up with you. It can be quite helpful as a temporary gig though, and easier to get through if you have an end in sight.

    On the whole I like Weird Al ... not that so much though *shrug* sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, 2 full times jobs gets old fast. Good luck finding balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids enjoy Weird Al as much as I do! They were listening to the Drive Thru one just yesterday (for the millionth time.) My fav is White and Nerdy - 'cause he mentions Jean Luc Picard in it. Yeah - I really am that nerdy.

    The fact that you have noticed that you aren't noticing as much is a good thing. It will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my...polka, really? [shake head in disress]

    Good luck on your job, can't imagine such a load!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I got a shout out from the great and mighty Que! ;-)

    1. I'm glad you are still getting the DADDY greeting. Very very cool.

    2. I'm glad you've found the inner (or outer as the case may be) fortitude to stay upstairs and keep working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's harsh man -- thank goodness for cruise control and parking sensors, otherwise you'd never manage that extra 15 minutes sleep during the drive to work

    ReplyDelete
  10. @mommeeof10 - I have to agree with ya there. I do like "Eat It" I like a lot of his earlier stuff. The he kinda dropped off until he came out with "White and Nerdy". That was AWESOME!

    @Laura~Peach~ - Yeah, I'm still here. They are going to have to take me away kicking and screaming! :)

    @Lisa - Sometimes you just do what you have to do and try to stay focused until you get it done. (If you use that, I get 15%.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Spencer Park - I only wish I could have been a role model and not gotten into a position where I need to have 2 jobs to begin with. But that is the past. And I'm going to take you up on your lottery offer. Will you pay for relocation as well?

    @Mustang Sally - I agree it is already getting old, fast. I'm not sure I could do this for the money. But I'm able to do so because I have a goal in mind. Once the goal is met then I will reevaluate the options.

    @Weaselmomma - Thanks. You are right about the balance. I'm still in the early stages so balance hasn't been addressed. But it will definitely come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @SandyAnnDee - I'm going to agree with you. You ARE a nerd. lol. But that is AWESOME!!! And Picard is the man. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    @dark_chocolate - What? No polka. :)

    @Missy - It's a struggle but I'm sure I will manage. I hope to give more shout outs soon.

    @Glen - You spoke the truth there. Now if I can just get both of my jobs to let me work from home. Then I would never have to leave the house. Everyone on the road at 5:45AM will be safe once more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow welcome back and thanks for the kind remarks to my post. I really love your blog so I value your opinion!!

    any who. this sounds very stressful.. I hate my job of 32hrs a week and I don't have a family to take care of.. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. @SY - Thanks! You really know how to put your emotions into words a lot better than most. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete