Google+

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This is Your Second Notice (Please Pay Your Attention on Time)

I will be jumping in a few directions today.  Some of you will keep up and some of you won't.  Either way, you can always soak this up at your own pace.  Because I personally HATE when people try to change me and not let me do things on MY time.  So with that in mind... HURRY UP AND READ!

The first NEW thing I have noticed is that I wake up just about EVERY morning with a song in my head.  Some people might think that's cool... It's not.  The song is often loud and it repeats over and over and over... and over to what seems like infinity. Of course it can't really go to infinity.  I'd surely die before then, right?  (I'm still trying to work out the details on this one.  A lot of things are up in the air right now.  I'm still trying to work out NOT dying without turning all glittery in the sunlight.)  But the point is it goes on and on and I can't stop it!  It's not enough to drive me crazy but it is enough to REALLY get on my nerves.

And here's the worst part of this... It's never even a good song!  I don't wake up to good stuff like Prince or classic rock or Evanescence or Old School Hip-Hop or some Motown or really just about ANYTHING from the 80s.  No, it's always those really dumb songs my kids listen to.  It's usually some Lady Gaga mess or some Justin (Leave It To) Bieber mess or some Ke$ha mess or really just ANYTHING from Disney.  (My stomach is turning just from writing the word Disney when talking about songs.  I have to take a moment.  I'll be right back.  And don't even get me started on Kidz Bop junk!)

Most of the time I don't even know the names on the songs.  My mind just decides to pick out the the most annoying parts of the stupid songs and play them over and over.  (And considering the songs, my mind has a LOT of annoying parts to choose from.)  It's playing so much in my head that I'm starting to wonder if I'm breaking any kind of copyright laws in my morning routine.  And if all of that wasn't bad enough... the part that almost makes me want to end my (possibly infinite, glitter-free) life... the part that makes the problem ten times worse... the part that makes me want to do harm to my favorite little cartoon mouse from my childhood... the part I TRULY detest is when the song in my head keeps building and building up to the point of explosion and my mind can't find a way to get it to stop.  That's usually when I freeze in horror because I just caught myself singing it out loud in the shower!  I don't even feel human at that point.  I really wish I hadn't noticed ANY of that.

But enough of that topic.  Let's move on.  Here is another thing I noticed.

The other day I was behind a person who was driving crazily.  (That actually looks weird to write but I think it's proper English.)  The driver was speeding.  He (Yes, honey.  I said HE.  You get your ONE.) was switching lanes.  And it wasn't the normal kind of lane switching.  It was the kind where he wanted to go into the other lane but somewhere in the middle of lane changing he decided that it's too much of a commitment to go into a new lane at this point in his life.  But instead of going back to his original lane right away, he just decided to ride in BOTH lanes presumably waiting for the road to shift underneath him and make the decision for him.  THEN he finally make a choice he can live with and turned the wheel of the car to go back to the original lane.  But when peer pressure, or zombies, or the IRS, or something else (just as scary or convincing) invisibly occupies the original lane, he immediately cut the wheel back and went into the lane he had commitment issues with before.  

(I call this the possum move.  If any of you have ever seen a possum cross the road then you understand what I'm talking about.  I have run over a many o' possums (get it) that have crossed from my side of the road and safely made it to within a foot of being off the entire road on the other side only to look up and see me coming and then deciding the safest course of action would be to RUN ALL THE WAY BACK across the street to their original starting point... on MY side of the road.  And this is really bad to say but I don't even feel bad hitting them anymore.  I'm never mean to a creature but that kind of idiocy really hits a nerve in me.  Plus, after you hit them you can't tell if they are really dead or just playing... well... possum.)

So the guy gets into his lane just as we get to the red light.  He stops a little past the white line that goes across the road telling you this is as far as you should go if the light is red.  But that wasn't a big deal.  We all do it.  Who can stop before crossing that line every time?  But this guy start inching forward.  Now, mind you, the light JUST turned red so it's not turning green any time soon.  But he doesn't care.  He keeps inching and inching forward.  After about 15 seconds of this (I promise you) his whole car is past the white line.  Cross traffic is now starting to slow down because they think they might hit him as they pass.  So I stayed far enough behind him in case he wanted to back the car up in compliance with the law.  He never backed up.  As a matter of fact, he stayed there and might have inched a few more times before the light turned green.  And just to top off everything before the light changed, he threw his cigarette out the window... litterer!

Finally, the light turns green and he takes off!  He gets through the intersection and then cuts BACK over into his original lane.  The person in the car who was ACTUALLY (and not invisibly) occupying the lane had to slam on their brakes to keep from getting hit by this person who obviously didn't care about the law or his fellow man.  I started to think that the person must really have an emergency on their hand and is not thinking clearly at this moment.  But before my mind could finish excusing the crazy driver and giving him the benefit of the doubt, the driver turns into a car dealership.  REALLY???  THIS was the emergency I was about to give him a mental pass for?  Now that I've told you what anyone would have seen.  Let me tell you what I noticed.      

The person who violated at least 4 to 5 laws (in just the 3-minute span that I had seen him) had a HUGE window decal covering the passenger side rear window of Jesus. After watching that scene, I'm pretty sure that's NOT what Jesus would do.  If you are a believer then I understand if you want to display your love for your savior with a gaudy, vinyl testification in your rear window.  It's your right.  I also understand that no one follows the rules ALL of the time.  But this case...THIS case makes me think that if Jesus HAD been in the car with him, he would have gotten out at the car, WALKED to City Hall and filed a Temporary Restraining Order on this person.  I couldn't help but think the guy probably also had one of those "Jesus is my copilot" bumper stickers but Jesus, HIMSELF, came down and scratched that sticker right off of the back of that car.  I don't know.  To me, it's kinda like being a Red Sox fan but going out and buying Yankees stuff.  There is no direct rule against that but if you really have that conviction those actions should make you feel a little dirty.

Well, I guess I will leave you with that.  It was a little hard to write this with the songs going on in my head right now.  But I managed to put the mute on my mind while I finished up.  Now, if I can just figure out how to do that in the shower.

12 comments:

  1. "Baby baby baby oh!!" Just kidding. I thought you would appreciate a little more Justin (leave it to) Beiber. I have had a really crappy Daughtry song stuck in my head for days now. At least you get a little variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up just the other day singing, "Doofenschmirtz Evil, INC!" That's not even a SONG! It's a JINGLE! And an EVIL one at that! Darn kids!

    Two weekends ago I was attempting to go through a McDonald's drive-thru. The woman driving in front of me was trying desperately to find the drive-thru lane. It wasn't one of those fancy two-lane deals - we live in Smalltown, USA - so I thought it should have been pretty self-explanatory with the big DRIVE-THRU written on the pavement but she couldn't figure it out. Then she missed the speaker by about 3 feet and had to YELL at the man in the box. She ordered 2 cookies for $1 (I had my window down and she was YELLING). She pulls up to the "Pay" window and gripes because there's tax. Then she's shocked to find out she has to pull up to ANOTHER window to get her cookies. I stayed far, far back (especially because I had #2 and #3 with me). Then she VERY NARROWLY missed the building as she pulled away! I figured, she's old! Maybe she's never BEEN to a drive-thru before! But the girl who gave me our food said, no, she comes through every day...YOY! At least I know what her car looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at the list of "artist" that you have in your head in the mornings...I think you must be waking up from some pretty awful nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could use this one. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZehkuUvuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you need to pull a spuds and run 10 miles, get up with the rubber legs fall in the shower then get hitin the head with the curtin rod to make it go away.... thank GOD usually if i wake singing it is a hymn... :) or something wonderful from the 80s lol
    have a great day and remember to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin Beiber should be tried for crimes against humanity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh a cigarette thrower now that just irks me to no end! I hate that and I especially hate drunk drivers, which is what this sounds like.
    I was I senior in highschool driving with my boyfriend at the time when we noticed a car swerving back and forth from lane to lane. I knew something was up. Moments later we were sitting at a traffic lite and the drunkey hit our car. She walked out all wobbly and begged us not to call the police, but um hello bitch you could of killed us! There are consequences. When the police came, she failed her alcohol test miserably and I watched her get arrested. It was pretty intense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I want hubby to have songs running through his head I'll play the Bear in the Big Blue House sound track. Nothing funnier than having him start tapping his toes and humming 'You go Ojo'.
    The kiddo is paying me back with Abba Gold on repeat in her CD player. *groan*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man you need some sleep ... and your driver friend needs some lessons

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that idiotically dangerous driver ends up with a playlist of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry songs in his head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, I'm not sure if I should feel some camaraderie with you, or if I should just be scared because I too, wake with horrendous songs running through my head.
    Oh and I snorted (in a good way) (well, as good a way as one can snort) over your "many o' possums". Very punny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite was the line about not knowing if the possum was dead or if he was just playing possum. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete