Google+

Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dad By Trade Award Time

Well, folks... It's looks like my blog was presented with 2 awards.  (Really, it was 3 awards but I got the same one from 2 different people and 2 from 1 person.  But who's counting... besides me?)  I'm not sure why I was given these awards.  I really don't think these people actually read my blog.  It is definitely not award worthy.  But, nonetheless, I will accept my *ahem* Nobel Peace Prize and I will pay it forward.

Here are the two awards I received.

A Blog With Substance

Versatile Blogger Award

I received the "A Blog With Substance" Award from 2 different people.  But I love BOTH of their blogs.  They have me laughing regularly.  The first to send it to me was JoJo @ Newlywed Adventures.  The second one to give me this award was Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis.  You should definitely check their sites out.  And when you go there, let them know I sent you.  I might win a prize or something. (Neither of them actually said that but here's hoping!)

Now, I'm supposed to sum up my blog in 5 words...

Life with kids is crazy! (I was going to say something like: I really like fish sticks! (But I really don't.) Or something like: Every Good Boy Does Fine. (But I don't know much about music.  And if you don't know that statement then you don't know much about music either.) Or even: Man, this rash really itches. (But that would be WAY too personal... and gross!)) So, by the process of elimination, I chose "Life with kids is crazy!"

 I also received the Versatile Blogger Award.  And with this one I'm supposed to write 7 things about me.  Not that you are interested but you've already read this far so what's the harm.

  1. I'm VERY internally competitive.  Most people know I like to play games and sports but they don't know how much I want to play my best and win the game.  As I said, it's internal and I don't let that out a lot.
  2. In spite of #1, I'm a good team player.  I always feel better about a loss if everyone is playing to their potential.  I never yell or talk down to my teammates when they are playing bad.  And I always, always, always take personal responsibility for a loss.
  3. My favorite color changes from black to purple (closer to violet) and back almost daily.  (I mean, Prince fan... Purple.  And black goes with everything. (See, that my versatility coming out.  I give fashion as welll as life tips!)
  4. I don't find Will Ferrell as funny as most people do.  I do understand that I'm the one with the problem when most others appreciate his humor.  I do find him funny... sometimes.  But I'm just not a huge fan.
  5. I would rather be REALLY early to something than even a minute late to anything.  However, when I judge time, I usually get to where I'm going with only a few minutes to spare. But I'm not late!
  6. I'm pretty religious (Christian) and I love science at the same time.  The more I learn about science, the more I believe in GOD.
  7. With #6 in mind, I COMPLETELY respect others right/decision to NOT believe in GOD as well as their right/decision to worship GOD in any way they choose (as long as it doesn't affect anyone else).
 The award called for 7 but I'm going to do 10.  It's my blog and I will do what I want.

***BONUS***

  • I am an observer.  I like to watch people.  I learn a lot that way.  The only problem is I do that with my children.  So I catch myself a lot of times genuinely WATCHING my kids instead of actually DOING something with them.  It doesn't mean I don't DO things.  It's just during some of those times I catch myself WATCHING I need stop myself and start DOING.
  • I secretly fear I'm going to leave something out in the education of my children that they will need in reading, writing, math, science, art, religion, finance, love and life. Even with that list, I feel I'm leaving things out.  I know you can't prepare your kids for everything in life but it still bugs me.
  • Lastly... Though I don't always do right by my wife, I ALWAYS put her above any and all others.  I may be separate from her (as a person) but we are one (with GOD). 
 Now, I'm supposed to pass this on to 10 other blogs.  But I'm only going to do something different.  (Again, this is my blog and I will do what I want! :) )  I have something else planned for my blogger friends.  I'm not sure when it will be complete but I will definitely show them some love.  So until then, you are just stuck with a promise.

Again, I would like to thank JoJo @ Newlywed Adventures and Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis for giving me the awards.  I really appreciate it.  I hope to also have new material soon but as of right now I need to have a talk with 2 of my kids. (This oldest is not here so she's safe.)  This does remind me that there is one thing I left off of the list of things I don't want to forget to teach my kids.  And that one thing is discipline.  So I want to thank my 2 youngest right now for giving me the opportunity to teach them this lesson.  In 5 minutes I will be able to mark that one off my list.  And I will not let the 4-year old convince me the refrigerator wrote on itself this time.

13 comments:

  1. Finally someone else who feels the same way about Will Ferrell!

    I'm totally with you on number six too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SandyAnnDee - I have NO idea what it is that I don't like and what it is the people DO like about him. I consider myself as having a very healthy sense of humor. But I just don't get it with Will Ferrell. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few things:

    First, I love your list. Normally these lists bore me to death even when I'm constantly writing them about myself, but I learned a lot of interesting and valuable things about you so props.

    I too am secretly internally competitive. In nursing school, even if I only scored a point higher than one of my peers, I would smile to myself and think Ha I did better!!!
    I can't even play a board game without being brutally competitive. World War III breaks out in my family every time we bring out the Monopoly board.

    I completely agree that Will Ferrell is not a talented comedian. I found him somewhat amusing when I was younger, but then he just got repetitive or maybe I just grew up and stopped appreciating stupid humor. Either or.

    I love what you said about everyone being able to practice their religion as they choose and I especially love what you added in parentheses concerning the only exception to that.

    I am fascinated about these observations. Did you know the famous scientist/psychologist Piaget came up with majority of his theories from observing his own children. Who knows, You might become the next Piaget.

    Finally, you especially one me over with your last bullet! Maybe you should give husband lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your refrigerator must have taught our walls literacy. (If walls could talk...)

    Congrats on your two/three awards! You definitely deserve them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life with kids is insane - never mind crazy.

    I'm not a massive believer, but I do think that Evolution does not PROVE that God doesn't exist - only that "Adam and Eve" didn't, and they are two very different arguments. No one (in my opinion)can deny that the Bible is full of fantasy - but that does not automatically mean that there is no God, merely that our understanding of God can be wrong.

    You go with whatever you need to in order to keep you going, what can be wrong with that?

    Oh and keep writing about your crazy life too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, when I was younger the refrigerator DID write on itself, multiple times. It just asked me to help...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Oldest Boy's favorite color is black - but since not a lot of kids' stuff comes in black he will occasionally settle for purple. :)

    You deserve all 2, 3, 4? awards. I love reading about parenting from a man's perspective without the guys trying to be super macho and prefacing every post with something to make him sound more manly. Your last statement on your list? THAT makes you more of a man than most...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @JoJo - As much as you liked my list, I liked your comment. That was very cool.

    Competition is awesome (especially Board Games)!

    Will Ferrell WHO?

    I think the path to and away from GOD is a personal journey. If you want to know GOD he will find you. If you don't, he won't. It's that simple for me.

    I need to study Piaget so that I can have an excuse for studying my kids.

    As far as the husband lessons... Some could learn from me what to do but MOST will learn from me what NOT to do. lol.

    @Missy - Thank you, Missy! Ummm... Sorry about my refrigerator talking to your walls. I would like to say that it won't happen again but we BOTH know that's not true.

    @Glen - It sounds like we could sit and have an intelligent conversation about GOD and science. I like that. Only by questioning can we learn. And I love learning.

    @Lilly - LOL. You sound like a defense lawyer for my kids. It's too late! They have been tried, found guilty and sentenced to hard labor... in time out.

    @The Mommy - Sounds like your oldest son has great taste in clothes. Thank you for your comments about my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty religious (Christian) and I love science at the same time.(Que)

    Isnt this an Oxymoron?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tit for Tat - Not really. You have to have a trump card though. My belief in GOD ALWAYS trumps my belief in science. But here's an example: I believe GOD made man. But the bible doesn't tell how man "works". I am absolutely fascinated with the how of a lot of things. So that's where my love for science comes in. It doesn't head-butt with my belief in GOD. I could go into this deeper but it would be too much for a comment section of a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.
    Snort! How can you not like Elf?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Dawn - I've never watched ELF because of him. But since you are endorsing it I might watch it... might.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if physiology/anatomy is considered to be technically science..but for me, I love studying and learning about how the human body works and I feel the same way: the more I learn, the more it makes me realize that the complexity, wonders, and strength, yet delicateness, of the human body can only be created by God.

    ReplyDelete