Google+

Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dad By Trade Award Time

Well, folks... It's looks like my blog was presented with 2 awards.  (Really, it was 3 awards but I got the same one from 2 different people and 2 from 1 person.  But who's counting... besides me?)  I'm not sure why I was given these awards.  I really don't think these people actually read my blog.  It is definitely not award worthy.  But, nonetheless, I will accept my *ahem* Nobel Peace Prize and I will pay it forward.

Here are the two awards I received.

A Blog With Substance

Versatile Blogger Award

I received the "A Blog With Substance" Award from 2 different people.  But I love BOTH of their blogs.  They have me laughing regularly.  The first to send it to me was JoJo @ Newlywed Adventures.  The second one to give me this award was Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis.  You should definitely check their sites out.  And when you go there, let them know I sent you.  I might win a prize or something. (Neither of them actually said that but here's hoping!)

Now, I'm supposed to sum up my blog in 5 words...

Life with kids is crazy! (I was going to say something like: I really like fish sticks! (But I really don't.) Or something like: Every Good Boy Does Fine. (But I don't know much about music.  And if you don't know that statement then you don't know much about music either.) Or even: Man, this rash really itches. (But that would be WAY too personal... and gross!)) So, by the process of elimination, I chose "Life with kids is crazy!"

 I also received the Versatile Blogger Award.  And with this one I'm supposed to write 7 things about me.  Not that you are interested but you've already read this far so what's the harm.

  1. I'm VERY internally competitive.  Most people know I like to play games and sports but they don't know how much I want to play my best and win the game.  As I said, it's internal and I don't let that out a lot.
  2. In spite of #1, I'm a good team player.  I always feel better about a loss if everyone is playing to their potential.  I never yell or talk down to my teammates when they are playing bad.  And I always, always, always take personal responsibility for a loss.
  3. My favorite color changes from black to purple (closer to violet) and back almost daily.  (I mean, Prince fan... Purple.  And black goes with everything. (See, that my versatility coming out.  I give fashion as welll as life tips!)
  4. I don't find Will Ferrell as funny as most people do.  I do understand that I'm the one with the problem when most others appreciate his humor.  I do find him funny... sometimes.  But I'm just not a huge fan.
  5. I would rather be REALLY early to something than even a minute late to anything.  However, when I judge time, I usually get to where I'm going with only a few minutes to spare. But I'm not late!
  6. I'm pretty religious (Christian) and I love science at the same time.  The more I learn about science, the more I believe in GOD.
  7. With #6 in mind, I COMPLETELY respect others right/decision to NOT believe in GOD as well as their right/decision to worship GOD in any way they choose (as long as it doesn't affect anyone else).
 The award called for 7 but I'm going to do 10.  It's my blog and I will do what I want.

***BONUS***

  • I am an observer.  I like to watch people.  I learn a lot that way.  The only problem is I do that with my children.  So I catch myself a lot of times genuinely WATCHING my kids instead of actually DOING something with them.  It doesn't mean I don't DO things.  It's just during some of those times I catch myself WATCHING I need stop myself and start DOING.
  • I secretly fear I'm going to leave something out in the education of my children that they will need in reading, writing, math, science, art, religion, finance, love and life. Even with that list, I feel I'm leaving things out.  I know you can't prepare your kids for everything in life but it still bugs me.
  • Lastly... Though I don't always do right by my wife, I ALWAYS put her above any and all others.  I may be separate from her (as a person) but we are one (with GOD). 
 Now, I'm supposed to pass this on to 10 other blogs.  But I'm only going to do something different.  (Again, this is my blog and I will do what I want! :) )  I have something else planned for my blogger friends.  I'm not sure when it will be complete but I will definitely show them some love.  So until then, you are just stuck with a promise.

Again, I would like to thank JoJo @ Newlywed Adventures and Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis for giving me the awards.  I really appreciate it.  I hope to also have new material soon but as of right now I need to have a talk with 2 of my kids. (This oldest is not here so she's safe.)  This does remind me that there is one thing I left off of the list of things I don't want to forget to teach my kids.  And that one thing is discipline.  So I want to thank my 2 youngest right now for giving me the opportunity to teach them this lesson.  In 5 minutes I will be able to mark that one off my list.  And I will not let the 4-year old convince me the refrigerator wrote on itself this time.