Google+

Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Taekwondo update (Day 2)


Well, people... It only took 1 day before I questioned the decision to let the 4-year old take Taekwondo.  On the way to school she was telling me that she wanted to show her teacher that she can kick.  I thought that was a great idea!  She's excited and wanted to show her new skills.

So I asked, "How are you going to show your teacher?"
She said, "I'm going to kick Jenny!"

(Just so everyone knows... There is no Jenny.  I changed the name to protect the innocent.  Plus, I didn't want the parents of "Jenny" reading my blog only to find out that the B.R.U.T.E.'s father knew ahead of time that this seemingly innocent, bad judgement call on the part of the 4-year old was actually premeditated kiddie battery.  Did I mention that "Jenny" is her best friend?  I probably shouldn't have mentioned that last part because that really narrows down the field to just one and probably throws out my plausible deniability defense.)

I had to use this moment as a learning experience.  I tried to explain to her that we don't kick "Jenny," baby sister or anyone else except when she is "training."  This was really throwing her because she wanted to show her teacher but couldn't figure out how she was going to do it without kicking someone.  And she was really hurt to find out she couldn't kick "Jenny."

Now you can see I REALLY think the little one is in trouble.  Just to add insult to injury, I just got a message from my wife that said this (if you are friends with her on Facebook you already know what happened):


My wife: "Where is your little sister?"

The B.R.U.T.E.: "In the closet".

My wife: "Why is she in the closet?"

The B.R.U.T.E.: "I put her there".

My wife: "Will you please let her out?"

The B.R.U.T.E.: ........


This one is going 10 rounds folks.  And I think we just hit round 3! Anyway, I gotta go.  I have to come up with a list of completely acceptable people to kick.  She's gonna do it anyway!  I just need to find a way to channel it.  Plus, why not use this power for "good?"  There are several BAD people she can kick just for daddy!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the list of acceptable people to kick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series keeps getting better and better....

    ReplyDelete