Google+

Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Your Presence is Requested

Hello, everyone.  It's your long, lost blogger friend coming at you live from a remote beach on an even more tropical island paradise.  I'm not going to say which one, though.  It could be Hawaii.  It could be the Virgin Islands.  It might even be on the island of Wyomingda.  My wife and I are enjoying the warm sun, sandy beaches and the fact that we left the kids hundreds of miles away.  The 12YO can take care of the two little ones.  She's very mature for her age.  Plus we are already here.  What do you want me to do about that now?!?  Excuse me while I order another drink.

(What you have just witnessed was NOT real.  It was just a test of the One Day I Will Do This Emergency Blog Intro.  In the event of an actual tropical visit, you can almost 100% guarantee that you would not see anything from me during the trip except some random Tweets or Facebook Status Updates like: "Hey, this island has BIG coconuts!" or "I promise those last 3 pics were NOT inspired by Margaritaville.  OK... they really were.  Make that the last 37 pics." or even "Note to self: Make sure to sit out of arms reach or better yet throwing distance when going to a tropical island with your wife.  I love you, honey! You're the best wife in the world!  :-)" )

The reality of all of this is that there hasn't been ANY time for writing.  Over the last month or so the Que family was hit with some very serious medical news.  I probably won't get into it much in my blog but you never, EVER expect to hear that kind of news. But we are pushing forward.  More recent news has been much better than the previous 3 - 4 weeks.  So we are a lot more optimistic and positive.  Plus, I have a wonderful wife and 3 lovely children.  It's hard to stay negative long with they are around.  But when people are hit with really powerful news they handle it differently.  I would imagine that a REAL writer would want to write about it.  It helps the mind when the pen in moving.  (I would have said when the keys are clicking but it doesn't sound as poetic.)  But I'm not a REAL writer.  So, I didn't want any pens to move (or keys clicking). But that definitely contributed to a little bit of blogging silence.

Another reason for silence is that I'm working about 87+ hours a week (when you add commute time).  I work 2 full-time jobs.  I also work 7 days a week.  There is even a 60hr stretch in there where I only get 8hrs of sleep... total.  I don't tell that for any awards or medals.  (Banana pudding would be nice though!) I do what any husband/father (any not EVERY, mind you) would do in my situation.  I just told that to let you know that I'm working with a few minor time constraints right now.  Because when I do have some free time my wife and kids want some attention.  (The nerve!)

It's not all as bad as it sounds, though.  The bills are getting paid.  We are finally moving forward financially.  Not a lot of families can say that in the economy right now.  Another thing a lot of people can't say is that I like BOTH of my jobs.  Actually, I LOVE one of them and I REALLY like the other.  But I'm not going to post which is which.  I will let each job feel like I love them the most. :)  It's kinda like how I am with my kids! (My wife is not going to like THAT joke.)

But I did find out some great news at one of my jobs, though.  I found out that if I ever needed a bladder transplant (if they even do that) there is a donor right there!!! I didn't do a complete scientific, medical analysis or anything.  But I would beg to say that our bladders have exactly the same size, shape and spongitude (absorbency) because we met each other in the bathroom at least 5 times in one day.  And I know most of you are thinking "5 times???"  Why in the bathroom so much?  But I have been drinking a lot of water lately.  I'm back on my getting to my target weight thing again. (Watching The Biggest Loser does that to me.)  The good news is that I'm finally (due to an ill-conceived stomach virus (get it??? ILL-conceived... stomach virus... whatever)) down to my last 10lbs.  So the weight loss thing is back in order.  Now I just need to find an easy way to get my co-worker's driver's license to see if he's an organ donor.  I would ask him but that would be an odd, out-of-the-blue question to ask someone you have only seen but have never talked to.  I'm sure he would find that a little suspicious.

Well, I have to go now.  I hope that when this is all over, I will still have my 3 readers.  And maybe I will find a time in the near future to catch up on reading some of writings of my favorite bloggers.  You all know who you are and you know I haven't commented in a while.  Sorry.  Just remember YOU are my favorite blogger.  And I'm not just saying you're my favorite.  It's not like you are my jobs or my kids. (Best Wife EVER!) :-)

2G8J95KV6ZQF

10 comments:

  1. I will pray for your/ family's health. Hope you don't have to keep burning the candle at both ends much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Tammy~ Thank you very much. It was a rough go for a while but we are on the other side of the mountain now. So it's not blocking the sun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I hope things get easier soon and whomever is ill is cured. Good job on the weight loss. I'm sure the stress helped with that too! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your trials! Of course, working two jobs puts a blogging hobby into perspective. I've slacked off out of sheer laziness, lol.
    Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Diana - Thanks! It's about all about perception. We are just at the point of controlling our perceptions and just dealing with the facts. I'm sure all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope all is well, I am THAT blogger who lays it all out there and lets each reader deal with the shock and awe all on their own.
    Hang in there and please pick me up on the way to that tropical island...well my mothers on the phone and i cant be clever and a deep thinker while dealing with her :) HUGSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know it's on the up and up. Just know that you've been missed, but that we wouldn't be worth writing for if we didn't understand that our favorite entertainer needed a break now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew that I was your favorite! Yay me!!! Oh wait, does this mean that I actually have to start writing again?

    On a more serious note, I am praying for your family's health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Que, we'll start praying for you guys regarding the big medical news. We've had some here as well, which means I must not be a real writer either. *grin*

    I really enjoyed your opening segment. Very funny.

    And don't worry, I know *I* am your favorite blogger! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Laura~peach~ - Yeah, you DO lay it out there. LOL! I have to come back by your site to see how things have progressed (or regressed). And I think you may have found the answer to the "not blogging on the island" thing. If I bring all of my readers with me I won't have to blog!

    @Table for Seven - Wow! Thanks! I don't know if I have ever been called someone's favorite entertainer. I will not take that status lightly. You are too kind. :-)

    @SandyAnnDee - I hate that you stopped writing because I haven't been able to read anything lately. I'm going to try to read more so you have to write more.

    @Missy - Why, yes, you ARE my favorite blogger. :-)

    ReplyDelete