Google+

Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Short Super Bowl Sunday Star Wars Post

Today is Super Bowl Sunday.  It's not a National Holiday but it should be.  Today's the day the evil Empire (Pittsburgh Steelers) is going to try control the NFL (once again) and destroy all in their path.  The only thing standing between them and total domination is Luke Skywalker (Aaron Rogers) and his unlikely group of Rebels (Green Bay Packers).  Will this showdown end like The Empire Strikes Back with Aaron Rogers getting his arm cut off and sent away licking his wounds.  Or will it end with Big Ben (Vader, black uni and all) getting carted off the field never to return like in Return of the Jedi? (Then the cheerleaders on both teams could be Ewoks.  That was be awesome! And it's not that I don't like cheerleaders.  But dancing EWOKS on the sidelines??? Priceless.)



I'm not a big fan of either team but I'm going for the Rebel Alliance today.  The Empire has won too many battles in the past so it's time for them to be humbled on this Sunday evening.  And, though, I'm not a big fan of either team, I will be eating a lot of food (what diet?), watching the commercials and generally having a good time.

On a quick side note... If you have Ornithophobia (fear of birds) then you need to stay about 2 cities away from my house.  There are about 1.2 million birds in my front lawn.  They are here to watch the Super Bowl, no doubt.  The joke's on them.  We are not having a Super Bowl party here.  We have one of those... what do you call it? Regular TVs.  There's nothing flat on it and there's nothing High Def about it (unless you squint a certain way).

That is all for today.  There might be a follow up tomorrow that no one will read either.  :) But I will leave you with my favorite Super Bowl commercial.  It started a sensation that has not been matched since.  Enjoy!  And may the force be with you.


Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. I'm here, I read, I'm rooting for the Steelers (sorry) - I agree that Ewoks on the field would be entertaining...and I'll check back again tomorrow. Have fun watching the game :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lisa - LOL! That's fine. I'm not a Steelers OR a Packers fan. But I do want to see a good game. I personally think the Steelers are the BEST team (from the top to the bottom and throughout the life of the franchise) in the NFL. And that's a HUGE compliment coming from a Cowboys fan. But no matter how the game comes out, I'm cheering for the Ewoks to be put in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try my best to ignore all things foosball (cause it's evil ya know) but I think I heard that neither the Packers nor the Steelers have cheerleaders. That would mean no Ewoks on the field. That's a shame because having Ewoks on the field might be the only way to get me to tune into the game at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SandyAnnDee - So it sounds like you are joining my campaign to have Ework be a part of the sport. I will mark it. You are the third name on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would watch the ewoks but can not be bothered with the games and commercials... i can see the commercials on line later LOL...
    I sent you an email the other day did you get it??? HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky for you, Vader is our favorite Star Wars character because we bleed Black and Gold at our house. :) I'll be watching the game and cheering for the Empire all the way!

    Two points of useless trivia: The Steelers don't have cheerleaders (no doubt why they're disliked by men not from the 'burgh). Point two: The ad guy who invented Bud Bowl grew up next to my dad. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go ahead and sign me upa as well. It never has done me a bit of good to see sexy women flaunt everything that I don't have.

    Oh, and go Steelers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Laura~peach~ - I did get the email. Thanks! I'm going to add you to the list of Ewok lovers for football. You might even get a pin or a badge or something.

    @The Mommy - That's fine. You can cheer for the Steelers. We are still friends. :) That is awesome about the ad guy, though. It's sad about the cheerleaders. :(

    I really just want GB to win so we can stop talking about Brett Favre all of the time. If AR wins one in his 3rd season... people will start to forget about Brett Favre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Table for Seven - This is awesome! My petition is growing as we speak!!! I might just have to do a little Ewok dance and post it on the site.

    ...probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDE! Was that Slash on the half time show. I don't know what's worse, the fact I was watching, or that I know who he is. Tragic really.
    I got a feeling... woohooo.
    Go Packers! The only team that allows grown men to put spongy cheese wedges on their head and still carry their man cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! My thoughts on this year's Superbowl: “The Super what? I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. If the Pats aren’t in it, it doesn’t exist.” - Peter Griffin.

    But if it can't be the Pats, I'll root for the Packers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @belindabaubles - That WAS him. And it looks like the Pack heard you and won the game for you. :)

    @Lisa - I love the commercials. They are not as they used to be from the mid-90s to about 2002 or 03 but they are still fun!

    @Victoria KP - Thanks! However....Boooo, PATS! LOL! :) At least you rooted for the Packers. Now we BOTH can go back to cheering for our own teams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all for the Ewoks! They've always been my favorites, and I'm trying to instill the love of them in my daughters. (They're not fans, yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Missy - See... There is no substitute for the Ewoks. Tell your daughters they don't know what they are missing. This has reminded me to start my daughters watching them right now!

    ReplyDelete