Google+

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I got my first blogging award!!!

Man...  After months and months of blogging I FINALLY got and award.  (Now I know how Susan Lucci must have felt. (Surely, someone out there will get that reference.))  Here is my sparkling award in its beautiful display case.


But with great reward comes great responsibility.  So here are the rules for accepting the reward:

The Sunshine Award: The Sunshine Blog Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. The rules for accepting the award are:
     1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post
     2. Pass the award to 5 bloggers
     3. Link the nominees within your post
     4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog
     5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award
     6. Share 5 things about yourself

The award is forcing me to tell 5 things about myself.  And since I only have a few readers, I'm not too worried about the fallout of over-share. So here are 5 things about me.


1. I hate almost ALL musicals (especially RENT (Cartoons are excluded from the hatred.).) even if I absolutely LOVE the soundtrack. There's something about everyone knowing the same song and choreography at a moments notice that really freaks me out... BIG TIME!

2. Me and cats do NOT get along... EVER.  I've never met one I liked.  I'm not cruel to them (anymore).  But when I see any cat we immediately have a mutual understanding that this friendship thing is just not gonna work. (I'm 100% convinced that is the reason why cats try to snuggle up next to me. Just to push my buttons!)

3. I often wonder what would happen to someone if you leaned in face-to-face with them while they were sleeping and you yelled out, "YEAH!!!!!!!" as loud as you could.  I would never do it but I spend a lot of time thinking about it.

4. I would love to have a pet kangaroo if for no other reason than to use the pouch to carry my laptop.  I'm just gonna leave it at that.

5. When I was in elementary school I used to have a nice size and shaped afro (It was sweet! I could show you pics but I'm not.).  One day we were playing kickball and I felt something land in my hair.  When I reached my hand up to feel what it was there was nothing there.  I found out later that a bird had pooped in my hair but my fro was so nice the poop bounced off my hair and landed on my shoulder.  Up to this point I'm sure only a handful of people knew that.  But thanks goes to Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis (a very funny blog) for sending me this award and making me bring up bad things that I had long since suppressed! I guess it's back to therapy for me.

Here are 5 other bloggers you should check out when you get a free moment...

1. Mocha Dad - He has a very witty and insightful blog about fatherhood and other everyday issues.  And he is a fellow Dad-Blogs blogger so he gets much props.
2. A Mother's Life. Uncensored and Uncut - A personal friend of my who has a site that is funny and sometimes has a little bit of grit to it.
3. Miscellaneous from Missy - This site is more of a literary walk in the park with a friend you know than a blog.
4. Fragrant Liar - I'm sure she get a million of these but she deserves it.  Her site always leaves me in stitches.
5. Juggling Eric - This is another site from the Dad-Blogs community.  I go here often for few laughs as well.

I would like to thank my fans (all 6 of you)  for making this award possible.  And if for some reason I'm not able to fulfill the duties of a Sunshine Award Winner I understand the crown will be passed to someone far less deserving and who has been secretly (maybe not so secretively) waiting for me to screw up.  Tough luck #2. There's always next year, Mrs. Lucci!

14 comments:

  1. I think the real question is what would happen to you if you leaned in close to a sleeping person and yelled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que, you are very sweet to include me in your list of blogs to pass that award on to. I thank you very much!

    I would love to have a kangaroo to carry around my laptop in her pouch. What a genius idea! But she would be barred from kicking me when she got fed up with it. Cuz that would just be wrong.

    Plus, I have to say, I do like musicals, and CATS is my favorite! HAHAHA! Think maybe I'll go RENT it. HAHAHA.

    I know. Enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! One caveat, When Richard Dreyfuss won his oscar for The Goodbye Girl, he went on a huge bender and gained like, 60 lbs. I'm just saying, Avoid the Pitfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bud. I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so so so much for including me in the list to pass the award on to! I truly appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have "birds pooping on us" stories but your is probably the funniest I've heard in a long while! Congrats and keep writing... we are reading!!
    -ME
    P.S. Nice Susan Lucci reference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jen - You do bring up a good point about the yelling. I guess that's why I haven't done it. I'm more worried about what's going to happen to me than what's going to happen to them.

    @ Fragrant Liar - Live Kangaroo Laptop Cases... I have a marketing brainstorm going on right now! And I might just make a musical out of that idea so you can RENT that one too.

    @ Homemaker Man - Thanks for the heads up. You stopped me at 3 lbs. That was a close one!

    @ Eric - No problem, man. Keep up the good work.

    @ Aurora - You deserve it. You have some good stuff. You just need to write more. Now I have to figure out of that was advice for you or for me. :)

    @ ME - Thanks for laughing at such a trying event. lol. Actually, I cried the first time I had to start cutting my fro. That meant no more protection from the "avian elements." And thanks for directly acknowledging the Susan Lucci reference. I thought she was going to be looked over... yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que...Your wise advice to Tammy was good...and so true. So, are you a daddy blogger...I didnt know theyt existed....interesting....very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Thanks for the award, and I like the way you described my blog. And my cool man is so proud of the award, it's like you gave him one, too.

    And now to comment on your post:

    1. I LOVE musicals, but I too have had my moments of doubt about all these regular folk knowing the same song and dance and getting their timing spot on. Seems a little fishy to me.

    2. The trouble with cats is they're so obstinate. If you like them, they ignore you. If you hate them, they want to cuddle. It's a reverse psychology thing.

    3. On behalf of your wife, I refrained from laughing. (But that's not really true.) I've often stared at Jeremy's sleeping face and pondered the exact same senario. That must mean that urge is normal, right? Since I'm not the only one...

    4. Sounds like a fine plan until the kangaroo hops. Then, new laptop for you. Oh, maybe that was part of the plan?

    5. I, too, have a horrific bird poop story that is better left supressed. However, just for you, I'm going to dust it off. When I was in seventh grade, I sat at a church picnic with the high-schoolers trying to look cool enough to be part of their group. We happened to be sitting in a circle under a large tree with our plates full of burgers and chips and whatnot. With my eyes closed during the prayer for the food, I felt something hit right at the hairline on my forehead. I assumed it was a bug, and swiped at it. At the same time, I felt my paper plate bounce. When the LONG prayer was over, I noticed a smear of white with black flecks on my hand, and I wiped it off with my napkin. (Yes, it was bird poop, but I hadn't figured that out yet, and I had forgotten about the plate-bounce.) I picked up a dorito and noticed a pile of "chip dip" on my plate. I thought that was strange because I couldn't remember getting any dip for myself when I had gone through the line earlier, but oh well, lucky me! I dipped the chip, but the texture didn't seem quite right. I got the chip about halfway to my mouth when my brain finally finished filling in all the details. I remembered the plop on my hairline. I remembered the bounce on my plate. I remembered the strange smear on my hand, and I freaked out. I jumped up shrieking (as only a jr. high girl can do), threw my plate (food flew everywhere), and rushed into the church building. I found a bathroom mirror and discovered the remains of the "chip dip" smeared into my bangs. Can you guess if I ended up being cool enough for the high-schoolers? The word you're looking for starts with an N and ends with an O.

    Oh, how I wish I had your afro back then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Queen of Crafts - Thanks! And yes, I am a dad blogger. We don't get as much recognition for the same amount of work. I think there's a movement in there somewhere.

    @ Missy - OK, you trumped me with your POOP story. That was disgustingly funny! And being with the cool kids is overrated. I was never with the cool kids and look how I turned out. (OK... that was a bad pick me up. Scratch that last sentence.) I will say this, though. If you had my fro back then, you would have been QUEEN of the cool kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make me smile! You definitely deserve the award (and a book deal, in my opinion)!

    Gee, my dear friend... do you mean we WEREN'T cool?!? I could dig up some of the afro pics, but I won't, because I know you could possibly dig up some scary elementary pics of me as well.

    I also have a suppressed bird poop story. It was my dad's parakeet, and he was sitting on my head. Suddenly, it turned around, and poop landed on my cheek. I was horrified, but at least I didn't have a big audience (nor was the "mark" that large).


    As for musicals, I almost have to go along with you. I don't dislike them, but I have better things on TV to watch (like you said, cartoons are excluded). "Phineas and Ferb" is a daily ritual around here. And cats... well, I'm a reformed cat-person. I couldn't have cats due to allergies when I was a kid, but thanks to my friend and Claritin, my cat is my baby. He snuggles with me every night when everyone else goes to bed. I love my dog, but the cat "claimed" me. He'd probably try your lean-in sleeping yell idea if he could.

    I wish we still lived in the same state so we could get the families together (and if you had the need to add more chaos to your life, you could just borrow my boy for a weekend). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Shana - Thanks. Also... We've known each other for a few decades now so I feel OK telling you this piece of information... We were NOT the cool kids! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL...Me, too (about #3). Only recently, when I saw people sleeping/snoring in an airport, I wondered what would happen if I did that...[the urge could be due to me being extremely tired after flying/driving for over 24 hrs.] :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @dark_chocolate - That would be sooooo cruel but I can't help but wonder what it would be like. lol. The airport would be worse. They would be strangers and are probably just as tired as you. So that would make for and even bigger laugh! I'm not proud of the thought. But it would be funny!

    ReplyDelete