- I am 100% convinced that the Terrible 2s is a disease that affects the whole family. This is not something that needs to be taken lightly. I'm going to search for a charitable organization that is dedicated to the destruction of this evil menace to society. Wish me luck. My family's sanity might depend on it.
- The 2YO is REALLY taking this Terrible 2s thing to the max. And now she has added on the fact that she only wants MOMMY during these tantrums. At first I was a little bit upset. Then I thought... She's yelling, kicking, screaming, falling and hitting everything in sight AND she doesn't want to have anything to do with me during those times...
Wish granted!!!Sorry, MOMMY!
- 1.5 hr long movie with appropriate ages = 1.5 hrs. 1.5 hr long movie with a 2YO and 4YO... 4 hrs and 37 minutes.
- Fishing the bead out of my 2YO's nose this weekend felt like I was playing that old game OPERATION (complete with tweezers and sounds). Does anyone else remember that? She didn't cry so I must have won!
- After disappointing my 4YO when I told her we couldn't go down the wrong street so she could see some Christmas lights she asked, "Can I drive next time so we can go see the Christmas lights?" She was very convincing so I might just let her.
- Can someone remind me again why I'm doing this potty training thing while my wife is over 200 miles away? It looks like a carpet cleaning is in my future.
- In today's high-tech society, why can't we create a baby monitor that can filter out general whining and allow only legitimate crying through the speaker? There has to be software for that. And if not... there should be!
- Our house is much quieter when the kids are playing together. And by playing together I mean when the 5YO is bossing the 2YO around. The loudness comes when the 2YO has had enough. How dare she have independent thought.
- Me: Hey, Lyndi. What do you want for lunch today?
Lyndi (The 6YO): Ummm... Pixie Dust.
Is this some 6yo slang I need to worry about?
- My middle child is acting more and more like me every day. I will have to take some time to figure out how much of a blessing or curse this is.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
More From the Dad By Trade Archives
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! I'm posting more from the Dad By Trade Facebook Page. I'm still working on the Google+ Page. It's a little bit of a change. Once all of that is taken care of I will have to post some new stories. But until then, here is another post from the archives.